[XeTeX] Babel

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Fri May 4 19:04:35 CEST 2012

On 04/05/2012 17:48, Javier Bezos wrote:
> As to the mailing list, I'm not sure. There is the latex-l
> list, but it's intended mainly for LaTeX3, and babel is a
> LaTeX2e (and Plain) thing, but after cleaning up babel there
> will be very likely further work on a new multilingual core
> for LaTeX3, and I presume discussing babel will be ok.

My understanding is that LaTeX-L is for 'LaTeX core' discussion, which
covers LaTeX2e, LaTeX3, 'required', 'tools', etc. The fact that LaTeX2e
is not changing means that there not much to say, but there is
occasionally something. As you say, babel material would be useful for
thinking about the issues for LaTeX3 too.
--
Joseph Wright