[XeTeX] how do I embed fonts into a a xelatex generated pdf?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 4 08:24:16 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Adam Russell wrote:

>> Still one problem remains. You may include images created by tools as
>> gnuplot or inkscape that insert texts in Helvetica but do not embed
>> the font. It will need some tweaking depending on the tool.
>
> Ah! That is exactly my problem I now realize. My paper in and of itself does
> not use Helvetica but I am using
> gnuplot to generate figures.

My suggestion would be to use a modern latex*** terminal instead of
pdf. That way the fonts in plots will also match the fonts used in
your paper and you will be able to typeset formulas, subscripts etc.

*** - Not "set term latex", but a different latex-based one. My
favourite would be "set term tikz latex" (or "context", but you
probably don't use ConTeXt :). You can also use "standalone" option
and process the plot separately from paper. There are some other
terminals like epslatex etc., but tikz seems to be like the best
choice to me.

Mojca