[XeTeX] List of ligatures in a font

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:49:37 CET 2012

2012/3/14 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de>:

> Am 14.3.2012 um 16:42 schrieb d fulano:
>
>> Is there e.g., a test command to determine if "f" "i" will
>> be replaced by another glyph, rather than be printed
>> seperately?
>
> Check the code points in the font! The statement
>
>        \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
>
> informs the XeTeX engine to use the standard ligatures, as TeX would do by default.

This mapping instruct XeTeX to use the TECkit mechanism to replace
characters by ligatures in case they are not defined by GSUB tables in
the font. It does not say anything about ligatures already present in
the font nor does it list the contents of the GSUB tables.

> --
> Greetings
>                                 <]
>  Pete       o        __o         |__    o           recumbo
>    ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%       ergo sum!

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz