[XeTeX] Help with XeTeX/ConTeXT and CTL

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 26 17:00:40 CEST 2012

On 26/6/12 15:09, Martin Schröder wrote:
> 2012/6/26 Khaled Hosny<khaledhosny at eglug.org>:
>> XeTeX is still using the old (and more fragile) Graphite engine,
>> LibreOffice switched to the new (and more robust) one AKA graphite2. So
>> the segmentation fault is likely from the Graphite engine, so you may
>> try reporting it to SIL people (but sadly, that won't help you
>> immediately).
>
> JK has long left SIL, so I doubt that SIL can help you there. :-)

OTOH, the people who wrote Graphite are still there, and if the graphite
engine is crashing, they may be able to help pinpoint the problem and
suggest a fix that could be applied to the library xetex is using,
and/or a way to work around the problem in your font.

Do *any* graphite fonts work in the current TL xetex builds? They
certainly used to, but it's not something I've tried any time recently;
maybe the integration has been broken somehow.