[XeTeX] Help with XeTeX/ConTeXT and CTL

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:50:14 CEST 2012

2012/6/26 Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de>:
> Am Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:50:18 +0530 schrieb Shriramana Sharma:
>
>> Hello. I need to use (outline fonts,) Unicode and Graphite, so XeTeX
>> is my choice for engine, and I am picky about my layout stuff so
>> ConTeXT is my choice for macro package.
>
> I don't think that you will have much joy with this combination. The
> current context (aka "MKIV") is using luatex. I have no idea if it
> supports graphite fonts and indic scripts but I think you should
> better ask on the context mailing..

I have not tried TeX Live 2012 yet but I tried to type a simple
sentence in Hindi and it does not work, only some OT tables are
honoured. Lua does not use any libraries, the rendering is fully
written in lua. It is therefore necessary to implement Indic Lookup
and Graphite in lua If someone starts the job, I can do tests in
Hindi.

>> I'm also using TeXWorks (on Kubuntu Precise) as a GUI.
>
> The GUI is not so important, but you should mention your TeXSystem.
>

>> As I work with old Indic scripts for which there is no OT support (and
>> unlikely to be) I need to use Graphite.
>
> For XeLaTeX there seem to be some support for graphite:
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/4324/using-graphite-fonts-on-xelatex
>
> --
> Ulrike Fischer

Zdeněk Wagner