[XeTeX] Footnote rule line without any footnote text material

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at web.de
Sat Jul 14 20:47:48 CEST 2012

Am 13.07.2012 um 01:01 schrieb Andy Black:

> I hope you can find something based on this simpler file.

Maybe I got it! I think the translation from XML to LaTeX has a fault and it manifests itself in line #95:

	\penalty10000\penalty10000\noindent In the case of the cooccurrence of two vowels, the following phenomena occur where the morphemes are combined.\par{}{\parskip .5pt plus 1pt minus 1pt

Near the end it has this open "{\parskip …" which ends on line #139. Could be there are more such "groups".

I think using diff, as recommended in my previous mail, is not the proper approach. Using GNU Emacs to compare two windows, one holding the LOG file from the unchanged source and the other holding the LOG from the source with \newpage (and PDF without \footnoterule), shows clearer the differences – also allowing to throw away one million lines of LOG output. It's now easier to recognise repeating "building blocks", i.e., the structure. Tomorrow, I think, I might find again some time.

--
Greetings

  Pete       (: