[XeTeX] xelatex.fmt doesn't match xetex.pool

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at web.de
Mon Jul 9 10:06:51 CEST 2012

Am 09.07.2012 um 04:04 schrieb Gareth Hughes:

> I thought fmtutil-local.cnf was just for customisation.

Indeed! And one customisation could have been to comment XeTeX related lines copied from somewhere which made tlmgr remove or comment the lines in the generated fmtutil.cnf.

I thought you would check the contents of /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-var/web2c/fmtutil.cnf to see whether XeTeX related formats are still mentioned there. One option is to simply run

	fmtutil-sys --listcfg

No sudo is necessary, it's a read-only process. You can compare the output with that of

	fmtutil --listcfg

When they're different, then you have private FMTs and you need to run

	fmtutil --byengine xetex

or a general

	fmtutil --refresh

The options fmtutil or fmtutil-sys know can be found be found by running

	fmtutil --help

--
Greetings

  Pete

I hope to die before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.
			- Donald E. Knuth, 2001-10-02 in Tübingen