[XeTeX] Help with XeTeX/ConTeXT and CTL

Martin Hosken martin_hosken at sil.org
Mon Jul 2 04:22:41 CEST 2012

Dear Shriramana,

> Now by further testing the cmap-fixed font, I am happy to note that
> Brahmi is now rendering (hopefully by Graphite, since there is no
> rendering when /GR is not there), but I wonder why a font should have
> OT tables to render Graphite!?!

Graphite uses all kinds of tables from the TTF font, including cmap, glyf, hmtx, head, etc. If you want to call these OT tables, then that's fine, but whatever you call them, Graphite uses them. Personally, I only consider tables with all caps tags as being truly OT tables, and Graphite doesn't use them (not on principle, just that it doesn't need to.)

> https://sites.google.com/site/jamadagni/files/temp/xetex-graphite-now-working-20120701.tar.gz

> The GrEnabled TTF has the CMAP quite well but still it throws a
> segfault, whereas the other TTF with both Gr and OT tables renders
> beautifully, but only with /GR and not without!

Please include your .gdl files. Debugging via mind reading makes things a little harder ;)

> /Obelix taps on his head -- "These Romans are crazy!/

I agree entirely. That's why I work with non-Romans :)

Yours,
Martin