[XeTeX] fonts: where to find? how to activate bold face?

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 14:23:33 CET 2012

Hello Susan,

To get a list of fonts installed on your linux computer, open a terminal and use

fc-list

This will give a list of all OTF and TTF on the system, including their "xetex name".

Regarding the lack of boldface, apparently your Angor Man Scaqh does not include boldface characters. If you use fc-list, you will see entries like:

Kozuka Gothic Pro\-VI,小塚ゴシック Pro\-VI,Kozuka Gothic Pro\-VI M,小塚ゴシック Pro\-VI M:style=M,Regular
DejaVu Serif:style=Book
TeX Gyre Pagella:style=Regular
TeX Gyre Pagella:style=Bold
DejaVu Serif:style=Bold

In this case, the DejaVu font contains both a "Book" and a "Bold" style. So check the output for your Angor Man Scaqh for details.

Laterrrrr,

Wilfred