[XeTeX] Warning about no Hindi language in Devanagari script

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Sat Jan 21 15:19:14 CET 2012

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012, Steve White wrote:
> There is one table concerning Sanskrit.  As Hindi is
> transformation-wise simpler than Sanskrit, it uses only the "default"
> tables.  So there are no tables that specifically refer to Hindi.

FWIW, I've noticed a similar problem with FontForge.  It has trouble
applying OpenType features to some code points if the language it thinks
uses those code points is not mentioned specifically in the tables, never
mind that there is a default entry saying the feature should apply.  I
noticed this with Korean, but it seems to be a general issue.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.