[XeTeX] Fake slanted font variants

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 19 16:44:46 CET 2012

Am 19.1.2012 um 14:25 schrieb d fulano:

> Try adding SlantedFont= *  to the list. Also, use FakeSlant (not AutoFakeSlant)

Thank you for your response, Don! Since I was sure that your example worked (and mine had not before), I checked my code. There was a bug in my preamble: I also used \setromanfont! Its simple setup destroyed my previous setting...

This simply works:

	  \setmainfont[SlantedFont         = *,
	               SlantedFeatures     = {FakeSlant=0.194},
	%               BoldSlantedFeatures = {FakeSlant=0.388}
	               ]{The Font}

It also works, only for educational reasons, to uncomment the BoldSlantedFeatures line. But with this line commented none of the following lines works as with pdfTeX:

	\opening{\slshape Liebes \textbf{Katerchen},}
	% \opening{\slshape Liebes \bfseries Katerchen,}
	% \opening{\textsl{Liebes \textbf{Katerchen},}}
	% \opening{\textsl{Liebes \bfseries Katerchen},}

All these lines only work when I also use the BoldSlantedFeatures line in the preamble.

--
Greetings

  Pete

How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a light-bulb?
None.
They just redefine "dark" as the new standard.