[XeTeX] Incomplete .aux file

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 11:08:36 CET 2012

2012/1/2 Bruno Le Floch <blflatex at gmail.com>:
>> I'm having an issue with the .aux file being incomplete in two
>> different files I am working with.
>
> Did you try deleting the auxiliary files then running TeX again?
> Usually, going with a clean slate helps in cases like that.

Such problems are difficult to detect. Deleting the aux file and
running again is the first step. The problem may be caused by a
fragile command in a \chapter or \section title or in a \caption.
After each run examine the \contentsline macros to see whether they
contain meaningful text. It may help you to find where you forgot to
add \protect. Incomplete file may also be a result of some other
error. It is then necessary to examine the log file in detail.

> Regards,
> Bruno

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/