[XeTeX] Producer entry in info dict

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 00:24:11 CET 2012

2012/2/28 Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au>:
> Hi Heiko,
>
> On 29/02/2012, at 8:44 AM, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>
> BTW, what about the  /CreationDate  and  /ModificationDate ?
> Surely these should be set automatically too ?
> Doesn't  pdfTeX  have the means to do this?

Both /CreationDate and /ModDate can be added by macros and both are
required by PDF/X. PdfTeX adds both automatically including the time
zone. Dvips adds none, thus my zwpagelayout package adds them if dvips
is used. TeX does not supply at a macro level the time zone, so that
the time zone is not used. Xdvipdfmx sets /CreationDate only and
zwpagelayout sets /ModDate. The problem is that /CreationDate set by
xdvipdfmx contains time zone while /ModDate set by the macros does
not. Time information without a time zone is considered UTC. Depending
on the user's time zone upon PDF/X validation it may be reported that
the file was modified before it was created.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/