[XeTeX] How do mapping files affect hyphenation?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Feb 24 16:15:11 CET 2012

Am Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:25:37 +0000 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

>  I agree with that, that’s the most sensible behaviour.  What Ulrike
> needs are hyphenation patterns suited to the particular transliteration
> scheme she’s using.

I "need" nothing ;-). I even can't read russian (and I hope the text
doesn't say something indecent). But "translittered" hyphenation
patters could be interesting for the OP on tex.stackexchange.

I personally was only curious when I saw in the answer of egreg the
hyphenation remark, did some research and now I'm curious about the
discrepency between the actual behaviour and the statements of
Jonathan in the old thread. Did I misunderstood the statements or
did the behaviour of xetex change in between?

--
Ulrike Fischer