[XeTeX] I can not use preview-latex function of auctex for xelatex .

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 6 18:52:00 CET 2012

Am 6.2.2012 um 18:13 schrieb waterloo:

> I mean I can not preview math environment in xelatex .

That's correct behaviour! Xelatex cannot not produce DVI (which is then converted to PNG to be inserted as an overlay). The documentation should mention that with Xe(La)TeX and Lua(La)TeX mathematical expressions cannot be converted to overlay graphics.

You should find a preamble that supports both the pdfTeX and the XeTeX engines. So you can develop mathematical expression first interactively with pdfTeX and then switch to XeTeX.

--
Greetings

  Pete

And always remember the last words of my grandfather, who said: “A truck!”
				— Emo Phillips