[XeTeX] (no subject)

Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 04:11:41 CET 2012

Dear friends,

As a relatively new user of XeTeX, I have a number of doubts. But right
now, let me ask you two of them. I would be thankful if someone could point
out a good tutorial on xelatex.

My doubts are:
1. How can I change the font inside a document? For instance, let me say I
have a document such as this:

    The fox and the dog
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped
over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

I want "The fox and the dog" in the font, let us say, "FreeSans" and the
rest of the text in the font "FreeSerif". How do I do that?

2. I am creating a document in two languages, let us say, English and
Malayalam, with both languages appearing intermixed. Now, how do I set the
fonts for each language? I have a font for Malayalam, but the English text
does not appear very beautiful in that font, so I would like the English
text to appear in some other font.

Thanking for any help that may be forthcoming and wishing everyone a Merry
Christmas and a Very Happy 2013 and beyond.

Regards,
Sasi

--
V. Sasi Kumar