[XeTeX] PDF/X-1a2001 compliance and doc IDs

David Gatwood dgatwood at mac.com
Wed Dec 12 18:53:27 CET 2012

My question was redirected here from the tex-live list because I'm told that this bug is XeTeX-specific.

I'm trying to generate PDF/X-1a2001 spec-compliant PDF files with xetex/xdvipdfmx (xdvipdfmx-0.7.8 from TeXLive 2012), and I'm running into one small bug that I can't find a good way to work around.  The xdvipdfmx
backend is omitting the /ID field in the PDF trailer.

For spec conformance, if I understand correctly, this key must exist and must contain a unique value.  It is usually computed as an array of two MD5 hashes of the body of the document, not including the trailer (presumably both containing the same value, given that it is a newly created file).

Ideas?
David