[XeTeX] Access of vertical CJK fonts preceeding with @

Gerrit z0idberg at gmx.de
Thu Dec 6 20:59:11 CET 2012

Hello,

Every (or most) Japanese/Chinese font has a version where everything is
rotated 90 degrees.
For example, MS Mincho has a @MS Mincho version.
If you select that font, you would just have to turn the page by 90° and
you get a correctly vertically set text.

My most basic example is this:

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{MS PMincho}
\begin{document}
日本語
\end{document}

This works. If I use \setmainfont{@MS PMincho} though, I get many many
errors (482 to be exact).
Is there a way to access the font? Is this maybe because the font is
somehow hidden (You can't see them normally, but e.g. Wordpad shows them).
Or should I use an Opentype feature instead? I guess that would be
cleaner, but is there a feature to rotate everything? For me it seems
that the vert feature etc. only changes some glyphs, and not all of them.

Thank you!
Gerrit