[XeTeX] Import svg

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:50:19 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 08:55:20AM +0100, Pander wrote:

> >> \executeiffilenewer  #1#2#3->\ifnum  \pdfstrcmp
> >>                                                {\pdffilemoddate
> >> {#1}}{\pdffil...
> >> l.19\includesvg{svgfig}|
>
> I have the same problem with xelatex (with and without -8bit).
>
> >> What is wrong? How do I make it working?

The string comparing feature is named/implemented differently:
* vanilla TeX: not available
* pdfTeX: \pdfstrcmp (inventor)
* XeTeX: \strcmp
* LuaTeX: \pdf at strcmp of package `pdftexcmds' (also plain TeX)

I would use \pdf at strcmp of package `pdftexcmds', because it detects the
engine and uses the appropriate primitive/method.

However, the next problem will be \pdffilemoddate:
* vanilla TeX: not available
* pdfTeX: \pdffilemoddate (inventor)
* LuaTeX: \pdf at filemoddate of package `pdftexcmds' (also plain TeX)
* XeTeX: not available (!)

Again \pdf at filemoddate can be used for the differnt engines (pdfTeX/LuaTeX),
but in case of XeTeX you are out of luck. You have to resort the shell
escape feature and some operating system depended command.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek