[XeTeX] XeTeX & sanskrit: which font

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:28:29 CEST 2012

On 15/8/12 12:09, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I'm not sure why the language-specific behavior in FreeSerif isn't
> working in Firefox; I thought that was supported, but it appears to be
> broken. Will try to investigate...

Oh, of course... it only works if you tell Firefox to use the harfbuzz
back-end for Indic shaping (which is still somewhat experimental). By
setting gfx.font_rendering.harfbuzz.scripts to -1 in about:config, it
works as expected, at least in current test builds (Nightly / Aurora) --
I'm not sure if this is fully supported in the final release version yet.