[XeTeX] The future of XeTeX

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Aug 1 18:13:36 CEST 2012

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Perhaps (the discussion is rather long). But you obviously don't
> accept my conclusion that one possible solution is to reduce the
> complexity of the script. You are only looking for the people who
> should write all this complex code.

Ulrike, Ulrike, you are normally so clear thinking :
how can you reasonably advocate that a nation (worse,
a group of nations) should re-think their orthography
in order to pander to the needs of a minority-interest
typesetting system.  Would you also suggest that the Chinese
whittle down the number of hanzi from 50 000 to 256, so
that they can all be handled in a single 8-bit font ?

** Phil.