[XeTeX] The future of XeTeX

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Wed Aug 1 17:54:25 CEST 2012

Hi Zdenek,

Do you know what a script is? XeTeX uses scripts! The the choice of a glyph
is governed by a script.! Depending of the Font this is embedded into the Font
itself or at least should be. Polyglossia offers another way of scripting.

That it why I emphasize the port of Polyglossia to LuaTeX.
Then Devagari would work for LuaTeX.

The Developers of LuaTeX have stated openly that the personnally have no
need for scripting and thereby given a very low-priority.

regards
	Keith.

[snip, snip]