[XeTeX] Some Unicode characters in Libertine font are not found?

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Wed Apr 4 00:56:01 CEST 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, Roel Meeuws wrote:
> some of the unicode characters are showing up as a square with a cross,
> i.e. I think xetex is not finding the right glyphs in the font. I am using

Your file contains code points U+278A through U+2793, which are "DINGBAT
NEGATIVE CIRCLED SANS-SERIF DIGIT ONE" through "TEN."  The font contains
code points U+2776 through U+277F, which are "DINGBAT NEGATIVE CIRCLED
DIGIT ONE" through "TEN."  They're not the same characters.  It looks like
the font contains some kind of substitution table that can translate past
a similar distinction in the non-negative (white background) circled
numerals, but not the negative (black background) circled numerals.
--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.