[XeTeX] Some Unicode characters in Libertine font are not found?

Roel Meeuws r.j.meeuws at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:01:37 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I have a problem in writing my thesis. I am using unicode characters... but
some of the unicode characters are showing up as a square with a cross,
i.e. I think xetex is not finding the right glyphs in the font. I am using
the linux libertine font and want to use circled numbers. I have included a
minimal example that should work, but is not working on my setup. Does
anyone have any insight as to why these unicode characters don't show? As
far as I know these characters do exist in the Linux Libertine font, and
the rest of my thesis is beautifully typeset in this superb font, so my
font setup seems to be fine...

thank you all in advance for any help!

regards,

Roel

Roel Meeuws
PhD. Student
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Electrical Engineering Mathematics and Computer Science
Computer Engineering Laboratory
Mekelweg 4, 2628 CD Delft, The Netherlands
Email:r.j.meeuws at tudelft.nl
Office: HB 16.040
Office phone: +31 (0)15 27 89 379
Mob. phone: +31 (0)6 10 82 44 01