[XeTeX] Strange behaviour xelatex/fontspec/Windows

rhino64 at postmail.ch rhino64 at postmail.ch
Thu Sep 29 21:31:06 CEST 2011

Hi All,
     Thanks for all your advices. Finally, I was able to do what I want:
to have TL2011 installed on an USB stick easily usable with XeLaTeX
(the other engines do not seem to have problem with the font loading).

This was surprisingly simple.

In the attachement, you will find 4 files:
         1) sed.exe
         2) regex.dll
         3) local.conf.pattern
         4) SetTex.cmd

The two first are simply the Unix sed command for Windows
directly downloaded from the GnuWin32 site. These files
should be located in "texmf-local/bin/win32".

The file "local.font.pattern" is the "local.fonts" files
with specifics pattern for the disk letter. This file will be
modified with the sed command. It should be installed
in "texmf-var/fonts/conf".

The script "SetTex.cmd" which can be installed where you wish. It
create a "local.font" file with the correct letter for the drive,
redo the font cache and then call "texworks" and a command windows
with the environment variable PATH set with the path to all the TL2011
binaries plus few others.

By changing the paths inside "SetTex.cmd", you can adapt the script to your
configuration.

best regards,

Alain