[XeTeX] Strange behaviour xelatex/fontspec/Windows

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Sep 26 15:33:35 CEST 2011

Am 25.09.2011 um 10:55 schrieb rhino64 at postmail.ch:

> Yes I would prefer not to install GFS Didot in the font
> directory of Windows and thus not to use the font service
> for this font.

There are two or three possible options…

You could put the fonts into the same directory as the TeX file. This way you might not need to specify a relative path to the font file.

In case DOS really has no idea of relative paths, you could try to use the UNIX version, hoping that UNIX software like XeTeX or xdvipdfmx can understand it. "." stands for right here, ".." stands for one level above, "/" stands inside of a path for a path separator. "./some name.file" means the file "some name.file" is here in this directory, "../../this directory/that directory/another directory/some name.file" stands for a file that can be accessed in a directory three levels below a directory that is two levels above this one.

--
Greetings

  Pete

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
		-Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania