[XeTeX] Strange behaviour xelatex/fontspec/Windows

rhino64 at postmail.ch rhino64 at postmail.ch
Sun Sep 25 10:55:19 CEST 2011

Thanks for repying me.

Yes I would prefer not to install GFS Didot in the font
directory of Windows and thus not to use the font service
for this font.

The reason behind that is that I want to build a portable
distribution to be runnable from an USB key.
This key should be usable on a machine where the user
has not the possibility to modify the system (disk C on Windows).

Specifying the font path to load the font is not very convenient,
since the path will change (at least the letter associated with
the USB key can be different on each machine). I don't know
how to specify relative paths on a portable way?

It seems that the "fontconfig" package is running on Windows.
I have seen that the binaries (fc-list, fc-cache etc)
of fontconfig package are present.

One solution would be perhaps to modify the configuration
of "fontconfig" to use the fonts located in the texlive
directory (like I have done for the Unix system).

Is this solution possible under Windows ? How to implement it ?

best regards,

Alain