[XeTeX] Shadow with Xelatex

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Sep 24 12:29:40 CEST 2011

Am Fri, 23 Sep 2011 22:51:10 +0200 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> And the same list of commands when I typesset with latex instead
>> of xelatex is succesfull.

> PSTricks are written for the pdfTeX engine. XeTeX uses a different
> engine which supports some of the PSTricks. You could try
> LuaTeX...

Well luatex would certainly not spring to my mind when thinking
about PSTricks problems. PSTricks needs a postscript interpreter
like dvips or ghostscript and so normally one used the tex->dvi->ps
route. While luatex can generate a dvi: as soon as you use system
fonts dvips will not be able to process this dvi.

--
Ulrike Fischer