[XeTeX] Eastern Arabic numerals in math environment

Nathan Sidoli nathan.sidoli at utoronto.ca
Fri Sep 23 10:46:32 CEST 2011

Is is possible to use Eastern Arabic numerals inside a math environment,
say inside \frac{}{} (such as \frac{٥}{٢})? When I try this with unicode
input, I get no errors, but blank output. When I enter a RL environment
within \frac, using bidi, I get errors. (This must have something to do
with \frac because I can generally use bidi within a math environment to
get Easter Arabic numerals.)

When I try to change the math environment's digits font for the whole
text (say using \usepackage{mathspec} -> \setmathsfont(Digits){Some
Arabic Font}), it uses the right font, but it uses the Western Arabic
numeral set, not the Eastern Arabic set.