[XeTeX] fontspec 2.2 update and bug

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:29:56 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-13 21:05:33 +0930, CTAN Announcements <ctan-ann at dante.de> said:

> Name of contribution: fontspec
> Author's name: Will Robertson
> Package version: v2.2
> Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/fontspec/
> Summary description: Advanced font selection in XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX
> License type: lppl
>
> Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
> This is a relatively large update for fontspec featuring quite a
> number of internal changes -- please report any troubles you find and
> I'll address them as swiftly as I can. The notes for this version
>
> [snip]
>
> - Internal names changed; avoid "\zf at basefont", "\zf at family", etc.
> from now on -- there are public interfaces now to get access to the
> same information

Dear all,

When I made this change I *attempted* to achieve backwards
compatibility with other packages such as mathspec that relied on this
information, but I didn't quite get it right.

I'll post an update in a couple of days to correct this problem and to
give a little time for any additional problems to be unearthed. Please
let me know if you see anything else amiss.

Sorry for any inconvenience,
Will