[XeTeX] Dinosaurs

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:53:46 CEST 2011

Phil,

Now I come to think of it, at that 1993 meeting at RHBNC, I seem to recall
that one of the participants was glowing with pride because he had with him
a portable computer that was running unix.

I say "portable", but his legs were buckled at the knee as he staggered
around, and the strap dug a deep channel in his shoulder.

The machine itself opened up like a notebook.  In my memory, it was about
the size of a picnic table.

Still, although risible by today's standards, I think we were all a bit
envious.  (Which is the real point of computers, after all.)

Does that ring a bell at all?

I was put in mind of it because someone just posted to this discussion from
their mobile phone.  I have an Android phone, which is Linux in my pocket.
Amazing, when you think.

Dom