[XeTeX] Dinosaurs

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Sep 12 23:30:18 CEST 2011

Tobias Schoel wrote:
> Shouldn't real dinosaurs (real as in MTV Real Life) calculate using only the Peano Axioms and the unary system? I mean, the natural numbers and the peano axioms are nature given / god given (choose whatever you like) and every human before homo sapiens had only the cognitive capabilities to use the unary system: “Hey, I saw ||||| deer, let's go hunt them.” “Oh no, I saw ||| lions, they would kill us.”

Are you sure ? My understanding of palæoanthropology is that, long
before man was able to differentiate ||||| deer from |||||||| deer,
he could tell | deer from || deer from > || deer, and that was the
limit of his calculating ability.

** Phil.