[XeTeX] Dinosaurs

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Sep 12 19:10:22 CEST 2011

maxwell wrote:
> I still have a chance to win, if I can just find my dissertation, which I preserved on a 9-track tape: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9-track_tape Produced on a CDC Cyber 170/750, with 60-bit words and 12-bit bytes; only upper case letters, so lower case letters were encoded with an \E\S\C\A\P\E \C\H\A\R\A\C\H\T\E\R.

"9-track tape" -- ee, these youngsters don't know they're born.
When ah were lad, us used to punch 'oles in paper tape using
grandad's used matchsticks, and littl'uns used to fight
over 'ood get chads (they used 'em to fool their mams
into thinkin' they 'ad dandruff ...).

Does tha' remember CDC 6400, lad : real machine, that
were : Cyber's didn't come along until I were nearing retirement ...