[XeTeX] Hyphenation in Transliterated Sanskrit

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 01:21:20 CEST 2011

2011/9/11 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 00:39, Neal Delmonico wrote:
>> Here is an example of what I mean in the pdf attached.
>
> Do I get it right that hyphenation is working, it is just that it
> misses a lot of valid hyphenation points?
>
> You should talk to Yves Codet, the author of Sanskrit patterns.
>
> But PLEASE: do post example of your code when you ask for help. If you
> don't send the source, it is not clear whether you are in fact using
> Sanskrit patterns or if you are falling back to English when you try
> to switch fonst. You could just as well sent us PDF with French
> hyphenation enabled and claim that TeX is buggy since it doesn't
> hyphenate right.

It is really strange that so many hyphenation points are missing and I
have even noticed wrong hyphenation between b and h in bha. There must
be something wrong in your file. I have just downloaded and installed
Charis SIL and I see all characters are present, thus this is not a
problem of the font. I have not examined the paterns thoroughly but
the number of patterns for each script matches. The patterns contain
rules not to hyphenate in the middle of aspirated consonant, so I do
not understand why bha is hyphenated in your document.

> Mojca

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz