[XeTeX] fontspec's \setmathrm seems to have no effect

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 22:54:58 CEST 2011

Hi Will,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  I did see the mathspec
package referenced in the unicode-math documentation. I will take a
look at the mathspec documentation as well.

> mathspec less likely to conflict with other packages that also deal with this area...

Since I have started using fontspec, I am trying to remove as many
extraneous text and math related font packages as I can get away with.
So for me personally, I would be looking for a rather complete math
font solution which I might guess to be unicode-math.

Basically when pdffonts gives me a list of all the fonts in one of my
documents, I would like to see them all be OpenType unicode fonts and
especially none of them be type-3 postscript fonts. My understanding
is that type-3 fonts do not support hinting --- but I am no expert in
this area.

Dan