[XeTeX] 64.bit XeTex was::Re: Trying to build microtype-aware xetex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Sep 2 10:42:09 CEST 2011

Am 02.09.2011 um 03:12 schrieb Keith J. Schultz:

> So If I follow you right I should build a 64-bit xetex for Tiger!   ;-)))

Some folks prefer 64-bit applications. Tiger doesn't support that much 64-bit hardware, starting with Mac OS X 10.4.8. Tiger has working ATSUI, so a 64-bit XeTeX based on CoreText would be a nice add-on and alternative, maybe useful to compare the results of the two different cores.

When I mentioned compilers and OS dependencies I did not intend to recommend anything. I think making it available for Leopard would be nice. At some time I was not able to compile XeTeX on PPC Leopard.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches!