[XeTeX] TECkit map for Latin alphabet to Unicode IPA

Andy Lin kiryen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 23:45:52 CET 2011

BTW, I don't know if this was mentioned already, but if you're having
a problem with diacritic placement due to your fonts not having proper
anchor points, you can try using the SIL unicode fonts, which have
proper anchor points, as well as a large repertoire of pre-composed
glyphs (Charis SIL in particular).

Anyhow, these are the fonts I use most often if I have uncommon
diacritics in my document:
Charis SIL (derived from Charter)
Doulos SIL (matches Times New Roman)
Heuristica (derived from Utopia)

A lot of OpenType fonts with a "Pro" suffix will also have decent
diacritic support, but it really varies from font to font.

You might also want to look up \XeTeXinputnormalization on this
mailing list. There was a discussion a while back about how it affects
diacritic placement (although I think it had more to do with Indic
languages rather than IPA).

-Andy