[XeTeX] TECkit map for Latin alphabet to Unicode IPA

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 08:38:01 CET 2011

2011/10/30 Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com>:
> It depends... In Linux you can define your own xkb map and thus have
> all accents on your keyboard. It is possible to define macros in emacs ...

Thank you for your feedback. However, I was not referring to keyboard
input methods, I meant how do I, for example, create a glyph
containing a Latin letter with a small circle under it?

I know that LaTeX in general supports the \r command that puts a
circle over or kind of over the top of a letter (e.g. \r{a} should
produce something like an a with a small circle over it). But with the
exception of Latin letters with descenders (like "g"), IPA encourages
putting the circles under the letters rather than over them.

In short, what would be a "good" general method for creating glyphs
with assorted diacritics without resorting to editing the font itself
(e.g. with FontForge, etc.)?

Dan