[XeTeX] TECkit map for Latin alphabet to Unicode IPA

Andy Lin kiryen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 07:11:03 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 04:06, Daniel Greenhoe <dgreenhoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I would really like is a "drop in" solution involving a TECkit
> map only. That is, I would like to be able to hand such a map off to a
> linguist, and to tell him/her to simply add in something like this to
> his/her tex file:
>   \addfontfeatures{Mapping=tipa2uni}.
> And that's it --- just one support file: a TECkit map file.

This is actually the reason I abandoned developing the map file
further. I had started based on the textipa replacements that I knew,
and then I discovered all the additional commands and realized that
they could not be implemented by TECkit along (don't get me wrong,
TECkit maps are very powerful, I've written one to convert
arabtex-like romanization into Persian). After tipa support was added
to xunicode, I just used that instead.

If this "single line" solution is important to you, you could write a
wrapper package that calls xunicode, adding whichever redefinitions
you need.

-Andy