[XeTeX] [tex-live] Ftuture state of XeTeX in TeXLive

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Oct 29 00:56:33 CEST 2011

On Fr, 28 Okt 2011, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> I cannot test other Indic scripts because I do not know them. Tibetan
> script may be difficult.

Tibetan is much simpler than Devanagari scripts. It has a certain amount
of fixed ligatures, plus a fw rules if one wants to make non-standard
ligatures (practically only used for transcribing Sanskrit texts). I wrote
long time ago otp/ocp for omega to do the stuff. That can easilybe
proted to luatex.

WRT xetex, I don't know much about good otf fonts for Tibetan, but
there are for sure some.

Best wishes

Norbert
`...You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call
attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling
anyone or anything.'
`But the plans were on display...'
`On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to
find them.'
`That's the display department.'
`With a torch.'
`Ah, well the lights had probably gone.'
`So had the stairs.'
`But look you found the notice didn't you?'
yes I did. It was on display in the
bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused
lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of The
Leopard".'
                 --- Arthur singing the praises of the local council planning
                 --- department.