[XeTeX] [tex-live] Ftuture state of XeTeX in TeXLive

Tobias Schoel liesdiedatei at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:53:06 CEST 2011

As a simple user (very simple: none of my work gets published, I just
use TeX for myself): What do I have to think about, when moving from
XeLaTeX to LuaLaTeX?

I took a random document I created last week and tried to compile it
with lualatex instead of xelatex. It threw an error because of
polyglossia. OK, I commented out polyglossia. It compiled without error
but hyphenation was broken (the text was German). I added
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel} [would be great error in xetex as I read
often on this list] and the document compiled without errors and with
good hyphenation.

So was it luck or  should this be standard?

bye

Toscho