[XeTeX] How to Convert Devanagari (sanskrit) text to Telugu Text

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 01:10:51 CEST 2011

2011/10/25 A u <akupadhyayula at gmail.com>:
> I have a text like this, I typed using XeLatex. I want to change this below
> text to Telugu font.
> तपः स्वाध्याय निरताम् तपस्वी वाग्विदाम् वरम् | \\
>
> नारदम् परिपप्रच्छ वाल्मीकिः मुनि पुंगवम् || १-१-१

You need a map containing something like:

LHSName "Devanagari"
RHSName "Telugu"
LHSDescription "Devanagari script"
RHSDescription "Telugu script"
Version "1"
Contact "author's contacn"

pass(Unicode)

U+0901 > U+0C01
U+0902 > U+0C02
U+096F > U+0C6F

Then compile the file by teckit_compile. See the TECkit manual.

> regards
>
> Aku
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Tirumurti Vasudevan
> <drtvasudevan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> well, i am a newbie myself and dont understand your problem. could you
>> send a sample file?
>> you want a transliteration, right?
>> copy paste the text portions in the converter, get it converted.
>> copy paste the sanskrit tex file into new file, replace the text portion,
>> redefine the script and font settings, save.
>> done.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM, A u <akupadhyayula at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Tirumurti Thanks for the link, but I have a tex file that I want to
>>> convert to Telugu how can I do that
>>

>> --
>> http://www.swaminathar.org/
>> http://aanmikamforyouth.blogspot.com/