[XeTeX] TECkit map for Latin alphabet to Unicode IPA

Andy Lin kiryen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:12:31 CEST 2011

I've attached the map and the compiled .tec file. The annotation is
quite bare-bones, but it does have the substitution that you want. For
the most part, I've stolen the definitions from xunicode.sty (which is
convenient because it has all its definitions in one place). I don't
know if there are any errors in the mapping, the timestamp on this
says it's from November 2009.

In any case, you'd use it like this:
%These two lines are for xunicode, if you use it instead
%\newfontface\doulos{Doulos SIL}
%\def\useTIPAfont{\doulos}
\newfontface\tipafont[Mapping=xetex-textipa]{Doulos SIL}

So in your tabular example
 \begin{tabular}{r>{\tipafont}l}
    1. & TA at 2"DENSU \\
    2. & TA at 2"DENSU
 \end{tabular}

It's not an environment though, just a font switch.

Hope this helps,
-Andy