[XeTeX] Performance of ucharclasses

Bruno Le Floch blflatex at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:36:00 CEST 2011

*sigh*

On 10/23/11, Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/23 Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:
>>

>> Tobias Schoel wrote:
>>
>>> Besides, I also wouldn't do, if it was allowed. Who knows, what methods
>>> the author employs in order to enforce the "discouragement"? ;-)
>>
>> I believe a much-loved horse's head in one's bed
>> is generally favoured in such circumstances !
>>
> It is not important how we understand the licenses. It is always
> important what lawyers say. It would need a lot of effort (or maybe
> even money) to give all licenses to lawyers for examination, therefore
> distros maintainers (not only TeX Live) select some well defined
> licenses that can be considered free.

My goal was not to launch an extended discussion on the merits of
various licenses.

I am simply complying with the author's statement that the best place
to discuss changes is the XeTeX mailing list. The small change I
propose is to use a custom-made \loop...\repeat construction instead
of the more general (hence slower) \forloop. This makes package
beneficial to the package.

Regards,
--
Bruno