[XeTeX] Performance of ucharclasses

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Oct 23 12:36:42 CEST 2011

Vafa Khalighi wrote:

> Yes, firstly because it does not make the software free any more (not just free in price but also free in modification, etc) and secondly LPPL never discourage you from modifying the software.

I don't think you are understanding my question, Vafa : I am
not querying whether they are inconsistent in spirit -- which
clearly they are -- but in terms of actual requirements.  Since
you are only "discouraged from" and not "prohibited from"
making changes, I believe that a court of law would find that
there is no actual inconsistency in practice.

Philip Taylor