[XeTeX] How to manually create the xelatex.fmt?

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 10:03:15 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 09:30:29PM +0100, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> And to which "package management" suite would you suggest they delegate
> when offering TeX Live for Windows ?

Perhaps there's not even need to change the package management texlive has.

I do not know much about the package managers out there, but those I looked
at incorporate the option to call a script to do at least
after-installation stuff. So perhaps there might be the option to tell the
distro's package manager with the help of this mechanism how to truely
install and update texlive. If---I didn't check---texlive offers a way of
installing/updating to a fixed versions (some command to 'install version
number X' in contrast to 'install newest version'), then even the stability
demands of long term stable distros can be fulfilled.

As this would help mete out terribly outdated versions of texlive, thinking
about such a mechanism might be worth the effort. Unfortunately I don't
have enough time to offer my help to that at the moment.

	Susan Dittmar