[XeTeX] traditional to simplified Chinese character conversion utility or data base

BPJ bpj at melroch.se
Thu Oct 20 17:47:22 CEST 2011

I got the thought that this might be done at least
approximatively by simply running the the following
command in the terminal:

   $ grep 'kSimplifiedVariant' Unihan_Variants.txt \
       |perl -ple's/kSimplifiedVariant/>/' >>tex-chi-sim-trad.map

where Unihan_Variants.txt is the file from the Unicode
Unihan database and tex-chi-sim-trad.map is a copy of
tex-text.map, plus some very little manual touching up
of debris after a comment line in Unihan_Variants.txt and
adding some descriptive comments. The results are attached.

/bpj