[XeTeX] How to manually create the xelatex.fmt?

Chris Travers chris.travers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:10:15 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Petr Tomasek <tomasek at etf.cuni.cz> wrote:

> An opportunity to make chaos in the system?
> No, thanks!
>
> (P.S. The best would be to make some convertor which would convert the TeX-Live packages
> into native ones. Anything else is a problem...)

Just to offer a counter-point here.....

If I was doing a lot of heavy-duty design work (as it is, the design
work I do is lighter-weight, even with my own books etc), I'd probably
keep an up-to-date TeX-Live installation installed.  I don't think
this is always a bad idea.  In fact I there is an important role for
such a tool.

The thing is, though, just because it's a good tool for some
environments doesn't mean it's a good tool for everything.  Not
everything is a nail, and not even all nails need the same kinds of
hammers......

Best wishes,
Chris Travers