[XeTeX] How to manually create the xelatex.fmt?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:38:58 CEST 2011

On 18 October 2011 15:39, Chris Travers <chris.travers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a breakdown of OS support for TexLive versions for anyone
> interested:
>
> Debian Lenny:  TexLive 2007
> Debian Squeeze:  TexLive 2009
> Debian Sid:  TexLive 2009
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS:  TexLive 2009
> Red Hat Enterprise 6:  TexLive 2007
> That means that the most recent versions of CentOS and Scientific
> Linux also use 2007.

For what it's worth, there is a current effort to get more recent TexLive
packages created for Fedora (which will eventually feed into RHEL, CentOS,
etc.). The big issue as I understand it is licensing ...

More details here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive

I've been running the unofficial TL 2011 packages for a while now with few
issues.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278