[XeTeX] How to manually create the xelatex.fmt?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Oct 19 15:20:15 CEST 2011

Am Wed, 19 Oct 2011 05:59:16 -0700 schrieb Chris Travers:

> This matches my needs very well.  If my clients are running accounting
> systems, the last thing I want is an upgrade of TexLive to break their
> ability to generate invoices.

Normally you get more problems if you can't update ;-)

> If there are bugs in older versions, I can work around those bugs,
> but the problem of getting a document that will only render with
> one version or another is not acceptable to my application.

Then you shouldn't rely on an external TeXLive installation. You
have absolutly no control on the status of the TeXLive installations
of your users. You don't know if the fedora user installed the
fedora-TeXLive or the newest shapshot from the svn.

You also have no control about the package versions installed by the
users. fontspec e.g. can be an old version, the current version on
CTAN or the unstable version from Github.

--
Ulrike Fischer